Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation
Default Total speculation and opinion on my part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post
*snip*

She identifies as a Transgendered Furry Slave!
And I identify as a queer femme princess. Just as you identify as whatever it is you identify as. What's the problem?

*snip*

The poor kid is in the middle of full blown puberty and is having a huge problem with all of this. The furry wears a tale in public and the slave collar with a huge lock. The brother wears the key to the lock around his neck. It's embarrassing poor Nick and he doesn't want to go anywhere with his dad and the furry in public.
Ya know, what a person *wears*, for any reason, shouldn't really be an issue. Yes, 12 year olds get embarrassed about A LOT of things their parents do. Trust me, as the mother of a 13 year old son, I know all about it. As for the collar, lock, key, tail...there are similar things worn by folks not even in a kink lifestyle. Are you familiar with metalheads/punk style/steampunk/etc etc? Are those "embarrassing" things to be as well, that should be tucked away? If so, well... Back in the day, sometimes even now, my means of dress have not always been of the societal norm. Back in the day, my son would roll his eyes, get embarrassed, and give me all those *sighs* when going along somewhere with me because of how I was dressed, i.e. camo cargos, some weird-ish top, big black boots, my wallet with the heavy chain that hung to my knee, my thick spiked collar, wide (sometimes spiked) leather bracelets that went halfway up my forearms, and purple or blue streaked hair. He rolled his eyes at my straight male buddy who used to wear a red kilt, combat boots, and yes, a FOX TAIL (for no kink reason at all, just because he thought it looked cool).

I do not want to offend anyone but seriously, why should a child be forced to deal with this.
So far, it seems this child is only dealing with the adults mode of dress, so to speak. Like I said, my son has been embarrassed by how I dress. Just like I used to be absolutely mortified by my mother who wore green camo overalls with bright red lipstick and bright blue eyeshadow. Yes, sucked like crazy, just as I'm sure it sucked like crazy for my child. Luckily, my child and I have a very open line of communication, so that now we both analyze each other's style and tone it down a lil if either is embarrassing to the other. Yes, my child has embarrassing style on his own sometimes as well, which I NURTURED and ALLOWED despite what others thought. If wearing athletic pants tucked into his cowboy boots with a button-up Hawaiian shirt and baseball cap backwards made him more comfortable and allowed him a lil freedom to be himself, then it was worth any embarrassment I may have felt.

Eventhough at 12 or 13 years old they are still a child, they are also reaching that age where they are more capable of accepting and understanding, (despite being in the awkward age/stage), when treated with such from the adults in their lives. "Deal with it" is all good in theory but as most parents will tell you, it doesn't get you very far with your child compared to how far you get when you sit down and have an actual conversation with the child.

My point IS...so far, nothing really has been addressed other than that this child has issue with the way the adults LOOK in public. It would be a COMPLETELY different story if the adults were exposing this child to BEHAVIORS that the child should not be exposed to, but I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere in this post. As for behaviors, I mean any kind of sexual act, kink or otherwise. Kissing, holding hands, etc is NOT what I'm referring to. For ME PERSONALLY, I don't think children should be exposed to overt sexual behavior from folks, no matter if the folks are gay/straight/vanilla/kinky/etc. There shouldn't be any yiffing or dry humping or anything of that sort in front of a child. (Also, why my 13 year old still isn't allowed to watch some movies or play some video games. It's all about the level of exposure that we wish our child to have, whether sexually/verbally/graphic violence/etc.) No, I'm not saying that a child should be kept in the dark about sex and sexuality. There's a big difference between educating and being honest with the child, and exposing the child to overt sexual behavior between adults. That's a line that I draw in my personal life especially. My son will have his own experiences, he will learn things on his own from experience, listening to his buddies, etc. All I can do is educate him and be there for him with honest answers when he has questions, concerns, etc. THIS SITUATION doesn't seem to be any of this. It seems to be nothing more than the child, OP, and OP's partner being uncomfortable with the way a person looks and/or identifies. Personally, I don't get it. I do, however, agree that the child's feelings should be taken into consideration and validated, as well as addressed by BOTH parents.

I'm not even gonna spend much time on the fainting spells, cause, well...I'd probably have just left her laying there and went on about my business. Sounds like drama/attention-getting behavior, but that is normal in some folks whether they are a transgendered furry slave or the lil housewife next door. *shrug*
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post: