View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #24
Daktari

I loved cycling in Oxford honeybarbara. Although I did only do it for a fortnight whilst on the oddest visit to a person I've ever had but that's a whole other story. It tickled me to cycle past where Roger Bannister ran the first 4 minute mile.

My wheels are quick release but I've bound the levers to the forks with multiple zip ties until I can afford locking skewers. I carry a plastic back between the rails of my saddle for such wet weather service as you mention honeybarbarbara.

Yellow band, I can't cycle with a wide saddle, they're uncomfortable for my for skinny arse and apparently quite narrow sit bones. I'm hoping that the new (rather much more) narrow saddle will do the trick.

Meeep! I think I did a few too many miles last week and should have built up a little more gently to the 25 miler. My arthritic hips and knees have rebelled so have just been doing some more gentle 5's and a 10 tonight but it was at the limit of what my sore joints could cope with. Live and learn, live and learn.

Happy pedaling