Old 01-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #18
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryobi View Post
Thanks for sharing.

Do you think one can change their Heaven or Hell? Maybe visit, instead of living in it?
I think so. As we, as individuals, change and evolve, so do the things that we find pleasant or painful or real or unreal.

Some folks have made some really interesting points. While not agreeing wholeheartedly with AJ's post, I see something in it that I can use for myself. The last paragraph, especially.

The same thing with Snow's post. I'll never be the position of a Domme and be swinging that flogger, but I SEE it. I see where her joy and her Heaven could exist in that moment, just as I can SEE that AJ finds something else that I cannot but it is still valid and relevant.

I have been brought up to see Heaven and Hell as more of a final destination than a transitory, passing through kind of thing but I've thought about this quite a bit recently and, after reading the thoughts and feelings of some others, I think that it could be both.

I've been exposed to a multitude of religions and faiths and I've taken something away from each one, even if it's only "I don't want to do THAT again!". Perhaps that exposure allows me to be more fluid in my thoughts on topics like this. I like tangible stuff, but sometimes, you just have to "know" things without "proof" and the more options there are, the more I like it.

Our beliefs are all we really have in this life. Our belief in an afterlife (or none). Our belief in right and wrong (or not). Our belief that we are loved (or not). Our belief that our good deeds will be rewarded (or not). It's our beliefs that get us through tough times (which may or may not be seen as Hell). Our beliefs allow us to live our lives in the manner we prefer. When we live against the grain of ourselves, so to speak, then that creates discontent within ourselves. It really makes no matter what our beliefs are. It's all about us following our beliefs.

I'm having a really difficult time saying exactly what I want to say in this last paragraph. There's a message in there somewhere but right now my noggin is a bit slushy and my thoughts are coming at me like voices in the dark and then they're gone before I can get them on the screen. So, I'll throw this up there and come back when I'm feeling more clarity.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: