Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation
Default Adding....

Adding....the way that I learned that the "abduction & molestation" story was a fraud was that she told me "go ask my sister and she will tell you what happened". The sister is a PhD in education and I was hopeful that she and I could have a dialogue about how this woman suffered from the abduction. So I did. The sister looked at me and said "My sister is a pathological liar and needs to be hospitalized!!" she was in a rage. I was beyond humiliated. When I confronted the woman who I will refer to as "M" (no relationship to her real name" with this utter humiliation I was told that she only made the story up because she believed that my "ex partner" had invented a story about being molested just to keep me in the relationship. My mind was toasted. I did understand fully that I was dealing with some sort of mental illness, no idea what kind, but I was so devastated and sick over this that I could barely function. In my mind, detaching enough to invent a crime that so many people suffer from was unreal to me. Again, my denial kicked in and I had to find some justifiable way to make sense of this (co-dependent behavior to the max). It was as though I had found someone wonderful and then started to uncover so much deception that I did not want it to be real. When I shared this with a close friend her only response was "run". Humiliation is a form of abuse and while I do believe that M was humiliated as a child, as part of an abusive parent/child relationship, I had hoped that she would get help. M has 2 great kids that would never believe that their Mother was capable of this. The really scary part however is that when she spoke to me, justifying the abduction/molestation lie, she seemed emotionally detached.

Trauma is a fascinating thing in that any new trauma can bring up past trauma so I do have compassion for people that act out in trauma. M had a huge fear of losing me once she realized that I was much more than the booty call that she had logged online to find. The whole situation was very sad. Tragic even and it has impacted my ability to trust strangers. Today I am much more cautious and also very curious as to what could have been had she received good Psychological care as she had vowed to.

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post: