View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #1067
Lizzy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Lizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Sneaky beat Me to it lol but I'm glad she did ~ I just came in to give a basic entire rundown of what happened cuz I did promise to keep everyone updated:

That other doctor never called Me back so I called her, and apparently because My file was inactive she was not able to squeeze Me in until September even with everything I told her about being diabetic and the state of how swollen My legs and feet are. She directed Me to call Health Links which I've called before; its a 24/7 telephone answering service staffed by registered nurses who will answer any/all heath related questions in order to guide you to the care you need. The woman I talked to, who was extremely nice, asked Me alot of questions and stuff to rule things out.

She asked Me about any shortness of breath (unusual) and I said no; she asked about any kind of a cough especially one that keeps you up at night but no I've had no cough; then she asks about any heart conditions or chest pains and I said no cuz I honestly haven't had any. I told her about the swelling, the tightness and the bit of difficulty I have walking which did concern her but she could tell I was kinda freaking out and told Me not to. Her advice was to go to a place called Misercordia, which used to be a major hospital in My city but its now for walk in urgent care ~ not emergencies but urgent. She said it could be as simple as just needing a diuretic/water pills or it could be somethin to do with the kidneys but there is no way to know for sure.

My parents should be home within 20-30 mins or so and I am going to tell them exactly what the doctor said, and I don't care if I have to take a cab or a bus I'm going ............. this is urgent and I'm not just gonna sit around and not do anything about it. I will make sure to keep sweetfemme informed and updated on everything that happens tonight so she can keep everyone here upto date on exactly what the doctors say. I'm pretty nervous and kinda freaking out abit but I'm trying to relax abit before I go ~ I'm sure I'll be fine just nervous is all

I have had some problems with my ankles swelling in the past and everytime it happend I got really scared.It wound up being connected to my thyroid but it was hard to figure out the root of the problem at first as many times it was in the summer after I had been out in the sun for a prolonged period of time.I would also get nausous and really dizzy with a lot of joint pain,muscle pain and stiffness and my ankles and sometimes my fingers would swell up pretty bad.I have an auto immune disorder called Hashimotos's.My body percieves my thyroid gland as an invader and it constantly attacks it so I will be on meds for the rest of my life and I have to be carefull about not having to much sun and I am sensative to the altitude as well.You should ask your doctor(if they haven't already ruled it out)to check your thyroid as some of your symptoms can be related to that.Just a thought.I hope you are feeling better soon.

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/a...86/lizzy-1.gif
Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lizzy For This Useful Post: