View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 11:19 PM   #1073
Lizzy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Lizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Howdy,

Well, I was talking with one of you the other day about my calorie balance and while I was able to be very accurate on the calories in, I had to admit that my calories expended numbers were a bit subjective. I use the “activity tracker” area on my fitday.com but have to admit that walking 3.5mph uphill for x hours is highly suspect even though it uses my age, height and weight to calculate. For this to be correct it really needs much more accurate input. So, why care about this, close enough right? First off I am a self confessed analytical data junkie, and frankly when I had over 50% of my total body weight to lose all I really needed to know was; does it produce the results that I want?. I’m getting a bit closer now and have 30-35lbs left to lose and the margin for error is getting a bit tighter.

What better excuse to buy a new toy?!?

I’m ordering a Fitbit to play with just so I can go a little further over the edge. Pretty much a pedometer on steroids. One of the many things I have been tracking all along is the amount of sleep I get each night and this will track my activity and waking during the night in addition to an accurate expenditure calculator.

The other motivation for me is just plain garden variety fear. While I am confident that I will lose the rest of the weight given some time; the prospect of “maintaining’ looms large on the horizon. I have been testing things all along the way and think I know how to handle it, but I’m also sure reality will be different than theory. I hope this will give me another crunch the numbers tool in my arsenal. If nothing else it will be fun to play with.

I am interested to see how you like your fitbit.I have not one but three pedometers.One in my nightstand,one in my car and one at work.The only problem is I can never remember to use a single one of them......

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/a...86/lizzy-1.gif
Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lizzy For This Useful Post: