Old 01-27-2010, 09:55 PM   #207
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,799 Times in 25,671 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Welcome to group.........

1. I am very much the Gemini (not so difficult to see) in that I have a very lighthearted, happy side (again, not so difficult to see) but I also have a very deep, dark side that most people don't see. That is not by chance, either. I don't like having it, so I know others won't like seeing it.

2. Until recently, I was somewhat obsessed with NOT becoming my mother. For those that don't know, my mom was a paranoid schizophrenic. Thankfully, due (in part) to my fascination with shows like House, ER, Mercy...etc....I have come to learn (and more importantly, accept) that the older I get, the likelihood that I will develop the condition diminishes. It wouldn't be so bad for me, I suppose, but the remainder of my family would be devastated.

3. I struggle with S.A.D. and find myself very frustrated with those that cannot grasp the concept and/or don't take the time to try to understand the significance it has on my life not only in general, but especially this time of year.

4. I have no patience for those that have no patience for me. Hypocritical? Yes. Apologies? None.

5. Drunk people, especially men and very masculine members of our community, simultaneously annoy and terrify me. This has increased with age. As a child and up to around age 12, I could drink anyone under the table without getting drunk myself (and did). I've actually never been drunk. I had no issues with going to bars and events where alcohol flowed easily in my early 20s but now that I am in my mid-thirties...I tend to purposely avoid places where I know there will be alcohol or go with a group of trusted people, but even in that case....I don't like it.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 01-27-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: