Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder_0187 View Post
anything that will be a good long term investment that I can possibly hook up to a printer to print photos and onto my computer to upload images..

maybe something also with a timer and a tri pod. .

First something just to catch some great scenery photos with what I mentioned up above and then second to consider the timer and tri pod. . I want options but not have to spend too much to get started. Thanks!

Most all cameras come with a self timer now. Tripod is a must if you are going to do anything other than chase active beings around. Most cameras come with a USB cord to plug right into a printer.. or a computer then printed from there...

There are pretty much 3 categories of cameras....

The point and shoot that I posted earlier costs 100.00 -200.00.. not much control on them but some, I don't know what your level of experience is but you can get some really great point and shoot cameras these days, most of the postcards I sold in Oregon were with my point and shoot.

The second is this kind:

Cost between 300.00 - 500.00.. the lens is attached so you have no cost with buying lenses, and some zooms are really good. You can shoot in full point and shoot automatic, semi automatic or fully manual. I had one that i loved, I just wanted more control.

The 3rd is this kind :

Just the body with no lenses cost at least 500.00 up to 5,000.00. The lenses are seperate. I have the 40d shown above and got it used for $500.00.. my lenses are between 200.00 and 800.00 each. So this is quite an investment all at once. The common recommendation is to get a good camera, but put your money in the lenses.

I hope this helps.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: