Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post

Hi Nat,

Thank you for posting all of this useful information. I have never been diagnosed but it is clear to me I suffer from it because I experience most of the symptoms almost religiously. Luckily for me I am even tempered and do not experience the difficulty controlling anger part..and I have never been an addict to any drugs or alcohol either, but so much other things on the list fit.
Hi Mar Thanks for posting! I think there are definitely people without diagnosis who live with this.

I've heard the statistic that 50% of people with ADD/ADHD have at some point struggled with alcohol or drug abuse due to high levels of impulsivity and low levels of inhibition. Although I've gone through phases with partying (especially when I first came out), I have thankfully not become addicted to drugs or alcohol. I don't think my relationship with alcohol is perfect, but it's more a see it/want it thing. It's out of sight, out of mind in my regular life. However, I do have addictive behaviors - compulsive overeating, internetting, spending money, some level of hoarding behaviors, etc. Well, and I finally became addicted to cigarettes last year, after socially smoking without being addicted since I was 13. :/ But chemical addictions don't seem to be something my body submits to easily - with the cigs it took 19 years of flirting with the possibility.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote