View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 01:46 AM   #28
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default AMAZING!!!

I saw on the news tonight, that a 16yr. old girl was found - DAY 15, in the rubble... still alive (by a French rescue team there). They heard something and began digging and saw her head and was able to get her out!

It's these kinds of miracles I was hoping to witness.

I guess some folks said (emailed like CNN or something), that she probably crawled into this spot - as she could not have lived this long. They had to use special tools to open up the space for her to get out.

The doctor who regularly talks on CNN was/is there, and spoke of another example where someone else survived about that long as well. I can't recall the condition or the circumstance to which he referenced there...(?)

Anyway, her family thought she was dead after day two. I guess the whole block of buildings where this teenager lived was flattened.

Severely dehydrated and her BP very low, but appears that she is going to make it. She was caught in a bathroom. Perhaps she had some water access somehow enough to last throughout these past two weeks, from broken plumbing or such - and just enough ventilation for air.
__

Though I saw folks fighting over food distribution, which was poorly organized in this instance and heart breaking to watch, I also saw a street full of folks "dancing" tonight there, celebrating that they were alive! That was something beautiful to see. It matters to them, the outreach they are witnessing and experiencing - although the conditions remain horrific on the whole. Help is pouring in. There is lots of love in this world!

The music special fundraiser the other night on TV here brought in like 20 million dollars from call-ins phone donations? I think that is correct, but going by [my] memory of what I thought I heard on the news from that one event alone.

WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote