Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by little man View Post
not sure how i missed this post, dee. sorry for coming late to the party.

it's a nice set. what lenses were you using? a couple of the shots seem a wee bit distorted (not in a bad way), and i'm curious what you shot with.

you did pretty well capturing the cobwebs...those things are hard to get good focus on. well done! one thing you might want to tuck away for future cobweb shooting is taking a spray bottle with water in it with you. since the webs are so delicate, they can be hard to see. if you mist them, they stand out more, especially if you can get a dark background with the light coming in over your shoulder to illuminate the water beads.

thanks for sharing...looking forward to seeing more of that barn. oh, and the last shot in the album (barn from a low angle) is my favorite. really like the perspective on that one and the way it accentuates the sky.

I heard about the spritzing for spider webs, which I still want to do, or using a shot of glycerin which hangs on to the webs more, but these are cob webs and I thought it may weigh them down too much, but hell it's worth a try..part of me gets the eebie jeebies creeping around for shots and that is what gets my adrenaline going only I keep forgetting what I am doing. I used my 18-135mm lens I THINK and I may have thrown on the Wide angle.

Mostly I just have fun shooting the creepy places. Upstairs in the barn has beautiful light coming in through the slats, gotta get up there soon, it will be too dang cold to do so! Also wanted to do some Fet shots up there, large beams are great for lots of fun stuff.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote