View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #74
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

I don't disagree with the end of unfair tax breaks, Jagg, or lopsided tax structures that allow for a greater cut of Warren Buffet's secretary's salary to be taken out than his own.

But how you intend to solve the myriad of other issues at stake and at play here? What about the folks who have underwater mortgages? What about those who lost home and property to a medical bankruptcy? What about those who got sold a bill of goods by Enron and the like and invested in a garbage 401K? What about the folks who lost their small stores and businesses when Walmart and company came to town? What about the steel towns like the ones I live and have lived in that watched a thriving main street become a ghost town?

How exactly does an entity like a corporation, that is not only set up to serve itself first and foremost but is actually mandated by law to be responsible first to its owners/stockholders, ever get to decide what's best for all? And now that corporations do in fact run our democracy, how do we effectively reverse that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
I agree with 90% of what's being stated here. I would add a few more problems to the list. The trade deficit is a huge issue no one has adressed. We import far more than we export, have for years now. We buy more than we sell, can't stay in business long doing that. Common sense. So why is it still happening? The Gov regulates what comes in and out of our ports. The economy is struggling yet we continue to spend more than we make it must stop.
You can't blame big business for taking tax breaks our tax laws afford them. If the IRS told you JQ Public if you make 36300.72 this year, you don't have to pay taxes how many of you would demand that you still pay your fair share. I'm guessing NONE. The problem lies in the tax laws and codes. They need to be changed. I want it to be fair for everyone. Noone tax breaks of any kind for anyone. I think disabled and the elderly should pay no taxes. Everyone else pays a flat tax say 18 cents for every dollar earned. Shrink the gov offices of Irs save money that way, its fair for everyone .
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote