View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 06:32 AM   #59
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I ran 25minutes yesterday!

I was so proud - I nearly cheered myself on the treadmill.

I've been trying for over a week to break 20-22minutes (I know it seems such a small increment, but my god its been a challenge).

I'm definitely finding it easier to extend my endurance on the treadmill.
My breathing is consistent and not as hard and I'm able to maintain my pace; both things I struggle with when I'm running on the bike path.

After finishing yesterday I thought "I can run" - for the first time since I started this program in August.
I can't recall if I rep'd you for this or not. Just in case, I want to make sure you know I think it is such an amazing accomplishment!!! I especially love that feeling of pride associated with it. I totally get that!

Keep up the good work, Sparkle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss July View Post
I'm a runner here, just recovering from a broken ankle.
I was able to start running again after nearly 5 months of healing & rehabing.
I'm working back up to 5 miles a day..................I am currently, barely loggin 2 miles a day.
I just signed up to run Disney in January, I figured that would be a good goal to get me back on track.

Keep on runnin & walkin!
Good luck with the January run, Miss July!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greco View Post
friend told me about this thread, glad I found it. am up to 5mi at this point.

subscribing

Greco
Welcome, Greco! Five miles is amazing, and I hope to be able to say the same some day!!

I set myself back on cardio when we went on vacation and then came back sick. I'm still on the mend from whatever-the-hell that bug was/is, but I am completely committed to gettin' back after it once the congestion clears!

Today I'm going to start up again with mild stretching and low numbers of pushups and situps.......just to get my body used to the activity again. I don't want to do too much for fear of some sort of relapse.

But, like I said, I still feel good and focused. *two thumbs up*