Old 02-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
I'm really disappointed to hear about this.

The fact that a public school is distributing information on and promoting a therapy that frowned upon by mainstream medical and psychological associations is infuriating.

I'm going to look for more info on that, because the words required and any sound like BS.

I really don't fully understand HOW this can happen--don't they have a choice as to WHICH non-profit literature is handout out ?? --with their report cards even, ffs!!

The religious right are always talking about bringing the gay *lifestyle* into the school system, but, then, this is allowed?

Thanks for looking more into it, Semantics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
I think the fliers fall under the hate speech clause. Just saying.

I completely agree that this is hate literature.

What a destructive message to send to students! To those who are bigoted, it will just reinforce their notions that there is something wrong that needs to be cured with their fellow queer classmates.

For those queer students, well, we all know the stats on depression, bullying and rates of suicide.

I'm just beside myself with anger at this story.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post: