Old 11-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #350
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Post Uterine Cancer~ 7 year annual work up includes the Colonoscopy OF COURSE...

In Outpatient Surgery, on a gurney talking to the next in line in on a gurney beside me, it was her first time and she was really nervous. I have had cancer, so my nervousness with her is well hidden as we are just outside the surgery suites, and I didn't want her bolting on my account... Not the time to say the C word to someone about to have this procedure.... the Anesthesiologist came by to introduce himself.

"Propofol ? " I asked, and the Anesthesiologist and I agreed that is what I wanted and was getting to "sleep" during my colonoscopy. His and My drug of choice, no hangover, no problems and it's over fast. I was next now. They wheeled me in, my Doc said "Hi, and turn on your side please" ....It WAS fast, I came to in what seemed like seconds.

My Gastroenterologist is leaning over me.

""Well, your bowel is boring. Nothing to report, and thanks for following the prep. I'll see you in 5 years, unless you want to come back sooner" HAAAHHHhhhhh

Happy Miralax to you, or whatever you need to do, and to all a good day, and night.

Alrighty then, it's not everywhere you can discuss cleansing of colons, and surgery with light heartedness~~~~ but , we are a special group.

To all those coming in to visit, to support one another, and to post I send chicken broth. Doc had me on nothing but clear liquids for 24 hours before my colonoscopy. I had to drink 64 oz. of liquid with Miralax powder, wait 4 hours then 32 oz with Miralax powder. So, I bought chicken and vegetable broth, 6 cans of each~~ I still have 5 of each... IT WAS Ghastly to just drink broth. and yes we are full of crap, as the scale told me that Miralx morning.

I have gone from Endometrial Cancer Clinical Trial checkups once a week seven years ago in May, to now seeing the Oncologist once a year.

I wish you all well on this journey and the trip around the Planet, and happy bowel prep too.

Wow, Tommi. I remember last year's colonoscopy (yours). Time sure does fly! Congrats on another clean bill of health! I'm gonna be just like you when I grow up! It is good for us to hear these positive stories!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: