Old 11-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #200
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Hi everyone

I've never heard of Victosa, but googled it and read what I could find.

I guess I'm just leery of anything remotely "new" at this point. I just (last week) got off of Actos...which everyone assured me was a wonderful, effective, virtually side effect free medication when they put me on it years ago.

Fast forward, and now it's being banned in some markets, severely limited in others, and the FDA is issuing warnings that no one should be on it for more than a year or risk increased rates of bladder cancer.

I'm not sure exactly...but I'm pretty sure I've been on it for 7 or 8 years.

I guess I'm feeling like I have zero interest in being a guinea pig for the pharmaceutical industry...and like I just was. I'm sticking to metformin and glimiperide...getting my diabetes meds down from 3 to 2 by changing my diet. Next up, I'd really like to get down to metformin alone...but know that I'll need to (at least) lose more weight to accomplish that, and continue my dietary changes.

It's a process, and it's different for all of us. The best advice I can give anyone is that we're all different, and different things will work for each of us. We can all benefit from improving our lifestyles....eating better, getting enough sleep, limiting stress, getting more exercise...and working closely with a doctor who listens to you.