View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 05:21 PM   #21
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
I just wanted to give some insight from a fat person, as to why someone might not be supportive of your weight loss.

Sometimes people losing weight are riddled which shame about their size and talk about that shame non-stop and cut themselves down and beat themselves up about their weight. This is difficult to listen to.

Sometimes when people are losing weight, every conversation, often in nice restaurants is of how many hours they exercize and how much they do not eat...etc.

I don't think anyone should feel guilty for losing weight, but if you want to keep your friends, maybe make sure they know you are still THEIR friend. When you talk about your shame, it shames them too. Maybe choose activities away from food, so every word is not about you and your diet.

Guilt helps no one, but being a good friend does!
Excellent advice, Apocalipstic! Points I haven't ever considered, so thank you! <3
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post: