View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 11:23 PM   #438
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Everyone. I got my results today but I can't even think about them because an hour later my oldest sister called me to share news of her own. She was diagnosed 5 weeks ago with lymphoma. She has several spots and one large tumor in her left lung. I think the name if it is B-cell lymphoma. She started chemo last Friday and is feeling pretty overwhelmed by everything. She apologized profusely for not telling all of us siblings earlier but said she just needed time to come to terms with it all herself.

I am in shock. And I am so fucking angry at cancer. Lisa is this amazing, bright light of a beautiful person. She has always taken so much pride in her health...she teaches vinyasa yoga and is a massage therapist and is about to enter her thesis semester in grad school. I was laying in bed just now trying to fall asleep and the tears just came out of no where. It felt so good to have a long cry.

Please keep my wonderful sister in your thoughts if you can. And thank you all for letting me vent. I probably will be scarce for a bit since I'm entering finals week, but you are all never far from my heart.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post: