How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,617 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLast View Post
I so agree- the field of GOP candidates is mind boggling. Why the hell the mainstream GOP puts up with this mess is beyond me. What bothers me the most is that a very small group of the Tea Party religious fringe does have the nation held hostage! Just the idea that they think it is OK to NOT act to create jobs due to beating Obama is insane! People are hurting and Congress could act.

Mainly, however, I have had it with the infiltration of religion upon personal rights and freedoms that have no business being handled by government, period. That is BIG government! And i am someone that values faith and spirituality. But feel it is personal.

I don't see much changing as the country is so divided and the order of the day is to be as mean spirited as possible. We are almost evenly split down the middle and just caught up in this whirlwind of hatred.
That the country could be so divided when they are given a group of crazies to chose from and one sane incumbent, albeit relatively indistinguishable from a republican president, doesn't say much about the sanity of the country in general.

Although I suppose part of the problem is that corporate owned Madmen types frenetically and adeptly spin lies into reality with such success and regularity that most citizens wouldn't recognize the honest truth if it sat down with them at church and introduced itself. The other part of the problem is that most people are too apathetic, disinterested and just plain lazy to root out the truth for themselves and even if they did they are poorly prepared to decipher it from the propaganda. We've been buying the lies for so long the truth is buried so deeply you need experience in excavation to get to it. Selling the Republican snake oil to people is easier than pie at this point. The last piece is its all too overwhelming and depressing to fight, people feel powerless. Better to be blissfully blind cheerfully kicking at the same old enemies we have been taught for years are to blame for any and all our problems. The usual suspects like poor people, immigrants, homeless, jobless, terrorists, drug dealers, foreigners, atheists, queers, feminists, people of color and pretty much anyone who tries to pull the wool from our eyes are to blame. The power elite have done their jobs well.

And despite all the conservative complaints about big government they are prepared to continue to make the part of the government that infringes on our personal freedoms as huge as they can. The best government would be one that has a religious component. The only part of government they want to shrink is the part of government that demands equal treatment and that wants the corporations and the rich to pay their fair share, the part of government that feels a sense of responsibility for all its citizens and would spend some of government money (our money) on social programs and infrastructure. That's what they mean by small government.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: