Old 01-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #24
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
(let's see if I can get a poll started without any phone pad typos or foot -in-mouth statements)..... If you were approached by a friend and asked "what do you know about [this person]?..... Would you answer? ...Do you feel obligated to answer a trusted friend? .....Are you quick to answer or do you refrain from getting "in the middle"?...... disclaimer: over the last few months, I've been asked that question by several different people about several other different persons, all non-related situations. I struggle answering because I feel it's gossiping.
Assuming that it is a trusted friend, and they have some good reason to know..ie they are considering dating them, lending them money, whatever ..because I am not interested in discussing people simply to amuse someone..here is how i answer
1... Here are the things i know about the person ( and of course good and bad ) because I have observed this behavior , interacted with them, and seen specific things.
2.. These are things i have heard about them , from people, that I don't consider to be drama queens or people that make stuff up just to make themselves feel important !
3.. Depending on a lot of factors, I may get into general speculation that I have heard, but I'll stress, the lack of reliability.. Whereas with #1 , I consider that information fairly reliable, and #2, again, I can usually attach a percentage of how likely I think the information is.

And btw, I try always, to stick to behavior vs ..general statements about character.
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MsMerrick For This Useful Post: