View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 01:47 AM   #26
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,326 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation
Default Off topic but maybe not?

I watched a utube by Ivan Coyote this morning and in it he was talking about how some person on a pride committee stated that Pride needed to be more *Family Friendly*

IE: show the straight world more *mainstream* people and less Butches and Drag Queens..

Blink

I'm no quite sure why this thread brought that to mind, other than I had the same reaction to both..

Fuck what the straight world thinks about my community..

ya ya... I know, not very realistic, not very practical...

Cynthia Nixon is in love with her partner...
Her partner is a female..

Is that love less valid because she can fall in love and maintain a relationship with both sexes?

Do any of us think about what it's going to do to the *Community* when we fall in love?

Should we keep in the closet about how we feel to reinforce the illusion that being gay is strickly a biological deal and it can't be helped?

Re: Choice...

I'm a firm believer in the Kinsey Scale...

I believe that someone can choose to be gay, just the same as someone is born gay... I also believe in all the shade inbetween.

One is not less valid than the other..

There are no *Gold Stars*