View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #62
TexasCowboi

How Do You Identify?:
TGStoneButch
Relationship Status:
Married....'nuff said

TexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
My comments were directed at the ideas, not you Texas Cowboi.

Planned Parenthood never had funding cut. The local affiliates are still working with PP based on the money awarded during the last grant cycle. The Komen BoD under VP of Public Policy Handel (a right wing nut job) changed the rules for this next grant cycle specifically to keep PP from applying. PP was denied the ability to submit proposals for the next grant cycle. After the uproar, Komen said PP could apply in the next grant cycle. Planned Parenthood may or may not be granted money in this next cycle. Komen is doing the 'watch this hand' game, however the truth about them is finally coming to light.

If any person thinks it's too late to pull out, I have a suggestion. First, wear nothing with the Komen logo (ever again). Second, wear a sign that says this is your last run because Komen does not support women's health.

I absolutely know one of my best friends in this world, who died (age 45) of breast cancer not detected by mammogram (so much for early detection), would haunt me for the rest of my life if I gave a penny to any and every group that had the Komen brand on it.

""no matter what you tell yourself about 'I run for those who can't run'.....you are running for Komen and Komen gets your money" ok, that read that you were belittling my running for these people who are so sickened with this disease that they cant run themself..... I run for them.... you belittled and criticized My "ideas" .... you belittle me. bottom line is you dont get to tell me who I run for Toughy......

I wonder if I can get Team Jogging for Jugs or Trotting for Titties or even Bowling for Boobs off the ground as another Cancer Charity sporting event...
TexasCowboi is offline   Reply With Quote