Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,163 Times in 2,006 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

I think most have some level of reaction when hearing about children being abused, molested, harmed. I also think there are many variables that do influence how we react to this.

Something that stuck out for me in this recent case of the Los Angeles City School was that most of the children were children of a very disenfranchised group of people, undocumented people primarily from Mexico and Cental America. How could something like this be going on for years and no one knows? I think people do know or suspect and look the other way. They may not "look the other way" conciously but somewhere inside of their mind, world view there is life experience, societal conciousness,informing their decisions.

Power in this country translates into Money and Authority, real or perceived. I am not saying it is okay for a child of privlege to be harmed. What I am saying is that children that come from the fringes of our "acceptable" circumstances seem to get overlooked more frequently and for longer periods of time.

Last edited by Greyson; 02-06-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post: