How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,618 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Women in the Military Should Expect to Get Raped

For someone who's so pro-war, commentator Liz Trotta sure has trouble figuring out who the enemy is. On Fox News over the weekend, she belittled proponents of women in combat and derided "feminists" who complain that uniformed ladies "are now being raped too much" by male soldiers. As evidence, she cited a recent DOD report that assaults on women had risen 64 percent in the past six years. "Now, what did they expect? These people are in close contact," she told anchor Eric Shawn.

Did Trotta just suggest that women who defend this country should expect to get raped as a matter of course, as routinely as wearing a uniform and getting up early? Yes.

Did Trotta just suggest that men who defend this country are monsters who can't stop themselves from raping women in close proximity, and shouldn't be expected to? Yes.

SHAWN: Well, many would say that they need to be protected, and there are these sexual programs, abuse programs, are necessary—

TROTTA: That's funny, I thought the mission of the Army, and the Navy, and four services was to defend and protect us, not the people who were fighting the war.

SHAWN: Well, you certainly want the people fighting the war to be protected from anything that could be illegal.

TROTTA: Oh, look, I mean, that's—nice try Eric. This whole question of women in the military has not been aired properly, and it's the great sleeping giant.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: