Old 03-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #15
AlexHunter

How Do You Identify?:
With a greeting and a handshake, typically
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

AlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST Reputation
Talking The Butch I Am...

I'm a neo-traditionalist butch. What I mean by this is: I'm glad for the progressive ideas of the present, but I deeply value displays of manners and chivalry that seem to have been dismissed as silly by some members of my generation. (I'm 28.)

I prefer cordial discussion to excess displays of dramatic energy; I believe in greeting everyone for the first time with eye contact and a pronounced handshake... with a kiss on the hand for the ladies when the situation is appropriate; and - surprising as it may be to those who know me - I do not swear in the presence of women (or anyone, for that matter) until I know they are okay with it.

I'm no Ward Cleaver, nor am I a white knight. I'm gentle but firm.

I listen instead of waiting for my turn to talk because I think other people (especially femmes) are probably more fascinating than I am. I don't speak unless I have something to say.

I'm a queer history buff. I tip my fedora to the courageous butches - both alive and dead - who existed before my time. They sacrificed their bodies, minds, and pride in dirty bars, paved our history, and fought to defend our identities.

I'm dapper and badass; a gentleman and a bad boy.

I am a genderqueer/transgendered butch. I prefer male or gender-neutral pronouns, but I won't get my boxer briefs in a wad over female ones. I feel like a guy, but have chosen not to transition due to the cost and lack of bottom surgery options. This has caused me to proudly embrace being of a third gender on a quest to love myself. People ask me when I will transition sometimes and don't comprehend the idea that I have no intention to do that. I am happy with who I am.

I am not quite a stone butch, but I am close to it. I'd say I'm 90% stone. I am okay with being touched between my legs by the right partner; I just don't want to be feminized in the process.

I am a butch because butch means masculine. I am a butch because I love and understand this dynamic; because I adore femmes and acknowledge them to be my kryptonite; because I was euphoric when I discovered there was actually a group of pretty girls who would like someone like me.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde
AlexHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to AlexHunter For This Useful Post: