Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,663 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Boston’s Lackey apologizes for offensive reference

FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP)—Boston Red Sox pitcher John Lackey has apologized for using “a thoughtless choice of words” during an interview this week.

Speaking with a Boston Globe columnist, Lackey said it was “retarded” to make too much of reports about some Red Sox starters drinking beer and eating fried chicken in the clubhouse last year during games when they weren’t pitching.

On Tuesday, Lackey issued a written statement released by the Red Sox.

“I apologize for my thoughtless choice of words that appeared in print earlier today. I meant no harm, and I am sorry to all I offended,” he said.

Lackey is recovering from Tommy John surgery in November and will not pitch this season. He is entering the third season of a five-year, $82.5 million contract with the Red Sox.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote