How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
Every other week I spend all say at the Children's hospital in the oncology/ hematology ward with my six year old while she has her iron infusion. It's a slow drip and takes about 6 hours.

She's usually the only one with hair because all of the other children are there getting chemotherapy.

My kid may never get jokes. She may never stop toe-walking. She may have to wear peltor ear protectors to the movies into adulthood because she's terrified of loud sounds. She may grow up to work in a cubicle.

But she will grow up.
Semantics, you are one HELLUVA parent...I've sat in the oncology ward getting chemo and my absolute favorite people are the children. They are so honest and open it moves me to tears. I am humbled every time.

What are peltor ear protectors? I literally had a helmet for some months as a piece of my skull was left off due to swelling. I woke from a coma paralyzed on my right side and suffered from seizures almost every day.

Today, when I get stressed I have focal seizures which my beloved can always sense coming on, and if they progress into a grand-mal hy holds me and whispers me through it. Of course I come to and deny it happened. Ha!

The understanding and support of even ONE person can change the course of a different-ability IMHO.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post: