cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Edited to add: I've googled Rita's bio, and they all say she was born in Brookly, NY - now I've read dif versions of her origins, so who knows which version is true...

Hi, Petal - ol' classic movie fanatic here!!!

Yeah, I love that shot!!!

Little known fact about Rita - she was Spanish. Her real name was Rita Cansino. She had jet black hair with a very prominent 'widow's peak' on her forhead removed via electrolisis. Then her tresses were colored the red she became famous for. Intensive speach and eloqution lessons got rid of her Spanish accent. She had been a dancer in Spain - teamed with her brother - a skill and talent that served her well in Hollywood.

She'd been married to Orson Welles - le enfant terrible, and directorial genius, and consumate actor as well. Then she married Ali Khan, and became America's first princess (no, it wasn't Grace Kelly - Rita was the first.).

Poor Rita was struck with Altzheimers desease, and died quite young - I think in her 50's. Her daughter, Jasmin (issue of Rita's marriage to Ali Kahn), was a very big advocate and spokesperson for the Altzheimer's Desease organization.

Rita, bomshell and beloved by us all!! We remember and love you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petal Soft View Post
Gilda Rita Hayworth

The scene when you see her for the first time and she looks up and flicks all that glorious hair back, now thats REAL GLAMOUR!!

~~~petal~~~
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post: