Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #56
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

They have deviated from the books. But I wonder if it isn't, for the most part, because there are so many characters in the book with back story that can't be conveyed in ten hours of TV. I wonder if the writers aren't trying to mash together scenes to make it coherent for the audience. As well as spice it up a bit. There was never the love making scene between Renly and her where she offers her brother to be in the room. I was waiting for that in the book... nope. Renly died. I thought it would have made interesting reading.

I am glad I am reading the books as it does fill in the obvious holes in character motivation and back story. Just about finished book 2. It has been so many years since I have read fiction, well a long book fiction, that it took me a long time to get back into the swing of reading for fun and not for learning... (derail end)

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post: