SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

As I was looking at what you posted Kobi, I commented to my daughter that Dr. William Sears is EXACTLY who I got advice from when she was born. I too practiced attachment parenting (With the exception of the long-term breast feeding) with my daughter from the time she was born. What I got from day one was a baby who slept through the night. Was never colicky. Did not throw tantrums. Was secure in her surroundings. Maybe I was lucky. But my daughter is now almost 19 and is so "together". We have a very close and loving relationship. She is fearless and smart. Takes on challenges and is always striving for better. She is open, aware of those around her and a gentle soul. Honestly, I give a lot of the credit to Attachment Parenting. I am so glad I bought that book before she was born.

It's a shame that all people are going to see is a Mom breastfeeding her child on the cover and react before they have read the article. Attachment Parenting is SO much more than that.

I have traveled quite a bit around the world and breast feeding is nowhere viewed the same way it is in the US. It is seen as a totally natural and normal thing and they are very accomodating. And no one is offended when a woman feeds her child in public. In the States, many times people acted offended when I was feeding my daughter in public. Their problem, not mine. I was feeding my hungry child. What is more natural than that??

Last edited by SugarFemme; 05-10-2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Needed to add something
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post: