How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

^ okay, he is pretty awesome and i'm glad he keeps making me happy i voted for him

another thing that came to mind while i was at work yesterday is the gratitude piece...i think a lot of time folks think that when people are critical, we're being ungrateful, and that's bad. to me, i am grateful, but the emphasis that people place on gratitude in these baby steps is really...demoralizing sometimes. it is the government's job to protect the rights of minorities. these are my human and civil rights. we have been fighting to get them for decades. it reminds me of my experiences having to constantly couch accessibility needs in apologies, begging, pleading, etc. - when having access should (in my opinion at least) be a matter of fact issue. i understand that it makes us look bad to straight people if we're ungrateful for baby steps, and that can compromise the future of achieving more baby steps. but at the same time...i am frustrated that we have to beg, plead, and fall over ourselves thanking folks for rights that should be guaranteed to us and that straight people have had for centuries - and that we have had to fight like hell and sometimes die for.

this is what i think of when i think of gratitude and waiting.

(i must say i'm grateful for this thread and all the posts here though )
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post: