View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #33
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
On the other hand, these hyper-protective parents heads would probably explode at the notion of their over-pampered little darlings having to knock on neighborhood doors. I'm sure that this isn't the case everywhere; I live in fairly affluent area full of over-indulged children.
There are a lot of sex offenders and drug dealers in our neighborhood; I'd worry about any kid, boy or girl, knocking on doors--even teens. I remember so vividly how scary it was to go door to door when we had to sell Band Candy (usually M&Ms) during high school... some people are just plain scary and I never knew what kind of person would open that door... or how vicious their dog might be.

Back to GSC, we bought three boxes of Peanut Butter Patties yesterday at one of those tables set up at the grocery store and I about fell over... they were $3.50 a box!!! Just the day before, looking in shock at dog cookies at Walgreens, I had mentioned to Gryph that not only would I not pay $7 for a 13 oz box of people cookies, I wouldn't pay $3 for one... and now I have paid $3.50 for 7 oz?!

But it isn't that they're Girl Scout cookies... tis that they're Gryph's all-time favorites. So I said to myself, "it's once a year" and I bought them. *sheepish look*
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post: