View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
Charming Texan

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mister

Charming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST ReputationCharming Texan Has the BEST Reputation

Hi betenoire!

Glad to hear you and Nick will be staying downtown because you'll be in the center of everything that is important and easily accessible.

Shopping - well, there are smaller shops around, but the Rivercenter Mall is right there as well. Not really my thing either, but it's massive and you can spend quite a few hours in there.

The San Antonio Riverwalk - this is a high recommendation. Here is a map where you can see everything - restaurants, clubs, shopping, the museum district, etc.

http://www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com/

I honestly am not too familiar with the taxis, however I would think that the hotel would be able to provide you with some.

Food - It will be everywhere, but I highly recommend Mexican! Bourdo's Bistro, County Line (for Bar-B-Q!), and Iron Cactus are a few good places I have been. There's also the usual touristy spots like Hard Rock and Rainforest Cafe, but I recommend anything but those.

Just remember too, it's going to be hot as hell here in July. Be comfortable, and I hope you guys enjoy your stay.

Here's the SA chamber of commerce site also - www.sachamber.org

And see the Alamo.

Kellen