View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #15
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
I'm currently going back to school to obtain a new degree and I have several years left until I finish, however, I know that once I am done I would like to start a Sphynx cat rescue and eventually, when financially able, to branch out to include other cats as well. I've been researching all the information I can find about incorporating and filing for non-profit status, forming a board of directors and mission statements, setting up a website, etc... I was wondering if anyone on the site does any rescue work, either as a volunteer or director. Although starting a rescue is a few years down the road for me...I would love it if anyone could share their experiences, advice, opinions, etc...

I'm glad that you are looking into this, I hope you can make it happen. There are never enough rescue services out there. I'm subscribing!

Gaige and I both dream of running a rescue operation or an animal sanctuary. I would love to make that happen for both of us. In the meantime, we just keep helping every animal we find in need, and playing the lottery.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post: