KayCee

How Do You Identify?:
Multifaceted Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a secret
Relationship Status:
And from my lips hye drew the hallelujah

Thanked 1,725 Times in 521 Posts
KayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishah View Post
but then again, a lot of folks might not think i'm femme enough since i wear jeans and t-shirts pretty often, too.

Is there even such a thing? femme enough?

I used to have thick long hair, wavy and if I let it air dry it was full of curls. Many people complimented me on it. But due to an ailment I had to let it get cut off and wear it shorter now...and feel no less femme than I have before with long hair...and it goes and looks good with ANY clothes I choose to wear.

If someone would automatically consider me being butch because I have shorter hair I would feel insulted. Not that being a butch is something wrong..of course not (I looove butches...lol)...but it's just not ME.

Personally I despise this whole stereotype 'put in a box thing'..like first sight..'ah..you belong in that box or the other'....or 'oh...she has long hair, must be a femme then'....

And what about bio men who like to wear long hair? Are they femmes too?..lol..no, but seriously:

Nothing (hairdo, type clothes, make up or not, toolbox in the hand or not...lol) can 'change' me or make me feel less femme than what I am truly inside!
KayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KayCee For This Useful Post: