Old 07-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #51
WickedFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very Happily Married to Bobbi46

WickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know, but someone who id's as femme writing an article about butch masculinity doesn't seem very informative or insightful to me. However, attending a conference called 'butch voices' or something like that where butches speak to their identity and experiences is definitely more insightful coming form the 'first' person perspective. Nothing against Tristan or Red or whomever.. again, just my opinion. The article is dated, it's one person's experience with a butch and it's her perception of that person at the time. I thought it was boring the first time I read it. I'm more interested in hearing butches speak and share their own personal experiences with masculinity and gender fluidity. If I want to know or bond with femmes, I will go to a femme conference. It's my opinion that you have to be living it to be an authority or sell yourself as an authority. I thought the article was hot and belonged in lesbian erotica rather than an article about masculinity in the Voice. I'm just glad that as a community we have evolved since then.
WickedFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WickedFemme For This Useful Post: