Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post

You go ahead and fight for the US uniforms to be made in the USA ..... Personally, I think that the USA has many more pressing issues to deal with.
Thanks for that Ciaran. You are certainly entitled to your opinions as all of us are and I think we all realize that there are global issues bigger than all of us here that are worth debating.

The issues the majority of us have been focusing on in this thread are pertinent to the United States of America, the uniforms for the Olympics being made in a country not the USA, the loss of manufactiring jobs to other countries and the impact of this loss to the economy of the USA and I do believe you are a citizen of the UK, not the USA, correct?

Globalization is a topic for all. No debate on that at all. I think we recognize that. I think we also recognize that the USA has many serious issues to deal with. Our economy is a critical one.

USA Olympic uniforms not made in the USA, yes, is a topic of concern for those of us that live here and pay taxes here. The uniforms being made in China is simply a tangible symbol to those of us that are citizens of America for the loss of jobs to other countries.

Those of us that live here are certainly entitled to to discuss the importance to our economy of the loss of manufacturing jobs to other countries.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: