Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,667 Times in 3,992 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I was serious when I started with, figure out where you usually go and stop going there because you havent found anyone yet there. People get in patterns of comfort. If you keep doing what you always do, you will always get what you always got.

you have to do something different.

and i am serious about being adventurous. You have to pursue. Dont think using an online dating site is the same thing as pursuing. It might SEEM like it is, but all it is, is the modern day version of waiting for someone to come knocking at your door. In this case, in your email. GET OUT....do something different!

and i am serious about smiling and flirting. I am a plain looking woman. I am not beautiful by American standards. I am not ugly, just plain. But I have NEVER been at a loss for courtships and my friends and family all grouse how I have dated more than anyone they all know. Why? Because I am not afraid to look at people. And smile. I dont wait for that handsome butch to show up before I try my smile out on him. oh no. Thats disingenuous, for starters. Nope, I smile at everyone as often as I can, because I want people to feel me in their world and I want to feel them in mine, and I want us to make each other feel a little less alone and isolated in this complex culture of ours. Example: Elevators. Get on a college elevator. People talk in groups. Students may talk to profs. Some may cross communicate if they overhear something. .But let a janitorial person get in and no one even acknowledges them. Acknowledge them. Smile and welcome them in. They really arent invisible. And once we stop seeing people as invisible (oxy moron, aye?) we tend to find people...

but first we have to get over our need to be invisible.

you are real. You can be seen. Let your light shine. Let people in. This is where committment issues begin..the very root of it.

Smile. And enjoy it. You will get a date..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: