Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclopea View Post
I thought the lighting was way too dark in the background at times, particularly noticed during the dance sequence but at several points throughout the show- your professional thoughts?

I was also pleased that Avatar was rcognized for what was wonderful about it: its technical achievements, and not for the film as a whole.

I just love the Oscars, the good, the bad, and the ugly.
I love them too!

I liked the lighting, but I like things pretty (really) dark. I agree that there was a moment during the street dance sequence, where one couple was spotlighted, where I wished that the rest of the stage had been slightly brighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclopea View Post
I chuckled out loud (col) at this re-cap of best and worst Oscar dresses at Slate. From “Zoe Saldana’s ‘ornamental kale” gown, to “SJP looked as if she was wearing a satin sofa covering”, and “Sigourney's woeful uniboob”, this article had me lol-ing. http://www.slate.com/id/2247068 Love me some bitchy fashion queens.

From my view Sandra Bullock (who I’m not a particular fan of per se) stole the evening. Her dress which was gorgeous and sufficiently over the top – which every dress at THE most glamorous spectacle of the year should be- her acceptance speech which seemed totally relaxed (yay Lopressor) and yet gracious and charming (let’s face it: when a winning actress bursts into tears during her acceptance speech I just think she is auditioning for upcoming parts), plus the fact that days before she actually showed up to accept her Razzie award for worst performance of the year- how freakin’ cool is she? Too bad I’m not a fan but maybe I will try to like her more now.

Ornamental Kale! Perfect! Lmao.

Sandra Bullock did look amazing! She seemed sincere in her acceptance speech.

I thought Monique looked amazing too. Poised and elegant.