Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

Damonk, I totally get where you are coming from, however from a different stand point. I have been friends with someone here for over 14 years. She is deaf. We finally got to meet face to face last year.. So excited to get to see my friend of all these years. We tried to talk, and I had difficulty understanding her. I felt pathetic!!! Here my friend has all the skills and knows my language, yet I could not speak hers?? We resorted to writing our conversation down.. Pen and paper.. Slow... And without tone.. So I made the decision that this was just not okay. Since then, I talked to a good friend that is an interpreter, she has pointed me in the direction that I needed, and offered assistance, should I need.
I lost my career #1 choice about 10 years ago, as a nurse from an injury on the job. Since then I have done a few different things for employment.. Bills have to be paid after all, but the absolute I love my job was no longer present. Until now.. Since I made the decision to become an interpreter, the passion and fire is back, and I am excited to do something that matters to my heart, and bridges that 'need' gap caused by a language barrier.