Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #66
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,783 Times in 25,667 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I had the one of the worst hair experiences with a salon less than a couple of weeks ago. I was getting my hair cut (donated to Locks of Love!) and colored for the Reunion and things seemed to be fine at first. I loved the style and the way the color turned out, but when I woke up the next morning, it looked like I had beaten Barney and/or Grimmace to death while in bed.

One side of my face, my hands and my sheets and pillows were stained purple. Not purple in a 'that's a normal amount of transfer for a new semi-permanent coloring' but a 'the bitch didn't rinse all of the product out of my hair' thing! After fighting with the manager about having the stylist redo my hair and Luvs calling back again once I'd gone to work, I got in later that day for the stylist to remedy the issue and that's when things got really ugly. She begrudgingly washed my hair (after only wanting to dab some cotton to my head....which I already did that morning so that I could go to work without purple smeared down my face) and then started to restyle it.

I was turned away from the mirror and didn't see how badly she was damaging my hair until I smelled the burning. She absolutely fried my hair in several sections. I mean, that hair has been completely singed and now is the texture of a scrubbing brush. Brutal! Then she started snipping at my hair to cut off the burnt ends, winding up with a similar but different cut than what I had and what liked.

The sad irony? After all that....the redo and the burning of my hair and it being cut into a less pleasing style....she still left product in my hair, which I had to wash out at home that night.

I paid 2 c notes for that treatment too. Well, they will NOT be getting any more of my money and I have blacklisted them with anyone that will listen.

I did, however, learn that Ulta has a salon inside their store and the stylists there seem to be much better and the prices are better too. It's a win win for the next time I go in, but for now....I have weeks to months of hair growing before all of the singed hair will be gone.

Sad!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: