Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #55
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
Retirement.
You know, I feel like this is my focus more and more, even though I am only 42. I think it is mainly because I met my initial professional goal(s) early in my career and nothing else is exciting me. The goal(s) haven't really shifted. I like what I am doing, but I admit that I feel sort of stuck. I had some recent plans to add to my education, but this path is not really an option for me at this time and the passion required is not really there, either.

At least I am doing what I can in terms of stretching myself in order to retire on time. TF and I will be purchasing a house in the next year and will be combining our households. We will be purchasing a house that is below our means. We will continue to save and hopefully increase our savings even though it will stretch us. We are fortunate that her son is getting his first two years of his Bachelor's degree on the cheap, so the rest of his Bachelor's degree will be more financially manageable.

Ok, so I got off of professional goals...how about life goals? Here's to doing everything you can to retire at 67 (ish?)!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: