chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Count us in!!!

Would you want to live on a BFP compound?
That would be awesome....
Ginger and I have talked about communal living. of course there would have to be "private" space for everyone, and some form of leadership but i think it should be very cool
What skills can you contribute?
I can cook, (executive chef experience, food inventory management, menus, sanitation certifications etc. nutrition) i can do yard work, i also have farm experience, especially with horses. (horse whisperer)i am also a skilled dog trainer. i can also sweep chimneys, do carpentry, drywall, masonry, etc...
oh and provide a little eye candy working up a sweat in my A-shirt... heh
Would you want to do community meals every night in the "Mess Hall"?
i think the mess hall would be the best way to do at least one big meal a day, have food available to all and folks could have their own kitchens as well.
Would people still need to pay something into the system like rent, even if it was only nominal? i think there should be a small fee like dues just to help with the upkeep as you would not want all that to come out of your pocket, but i think much of it could be traded out in work for the community: gardening, yard work, kp duty, carpentry and general maintenance.
Do you think you'd get tired of living with family all year long?
Never. we would be free to come and go as we please. it would be like a home base...
What pro's and con's can you see to this idea?
the only con that i can foresee is making sure that everyone has jobs, or some form of income in the area. True communal living requires a lot of work, cooperation, strong fair leadership and a buy-in from all.
BUT i think it could definitely work...
What input do you have?
i think i could definitely bring some ideas on the layout and how to design a kitchen/messhall/dining facility. i was a food service professional for many years. Apoc and I can rock some Food and Beverage events and shit.....

oh and i can definitely provide Entertainment...