View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #68
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

I am currently in the CT area and they have already started the list of evacuations that will be started tomorrow morning. The amount of rain they say will be dangerous, power outages for extended amount of time, and they have already stated they expect lives to be lost. Shelters have already started opening and the national guard have been activated and running drills.

The storm is expected to last longer than others we have experienced in the past (normally they last 12 hours, this one is to run a course of 36 hours). This time last year we had snow that cancelled Halloween and it seems it will be cancelled once again. I feel bad for the kids on many levels, two years in a row sucks.

I'm not sure how worried I am about it. I think a little, I know the dogs are...been acting nutty and clingy today, but they are confused as they watched things be moved today and sense the storm I am sure.

I am lucky that when it hits I'll be home which is on a hill so water levels shouldn't effect my living space. I have candles and a grill. Its the afterwards I'm a tad concerned about. Since, I am in the middle of a move and need to be out of here for the first. This storm may cause issues in that area.

I do hope everyone in the path finds a safe place to be and no harm comes to them in any form. My thoughts are with you all.
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post: