How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,430 Times in 6,883 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajama View Post
About 20 years ago, my partner and I were driving home. We lived in Memphis at the time and were taking a short-cut through a suburban neighborhood in order to avoid the bigger/busier streets. We took this shortcut tons of times before and since. On this one night, I had stopped at the sign, turned left, went about 10' then for the briefest second or two, the street lights went away (not turned off, went away), the houses disappeared, and the road was dirt, there were many more trees. Then it all came back.

I looked at my partner, thinking I was nuts. She was looking at me with this shocked look and asked "Did you see that?" We had both experienced the same thing. We hadn't been talking about anything related, hadn't watched any scifi shows, anything weird. I personally believe in parallel realities, and for whatever reason, I believe we passed through some type of tear that night.
omg..... I wasn't even going to share my very similar story.....everyone I have told about it thought I was a freak....my own brother included...here it is:

I was hiking at a favorite hiking spot here in Mass....There are 2 main paths that you have to take to get to other paths. I was on the one I traversed most often, and had done a good loop and was heading back to my car. I was on the trail I had hiked DOZENS of times....when I came upon a trail I NEVER HAD SEEN.... I could tell it went in the direction of the reservoir which was ( if memory serves) east of where i was at that time....I knew how to get to my car from there so I decided to take the "new trail" since I was just bewildered at it's very existence!!

So...I'm hiking and hiking for a good 20 minutes... and looking around to see the new sights.....and I suddenly came upon a thicket of bushes....and when I pushed through them.... I was suddenly BACK on the main trail I had been on...but further along. To give this proper perspective I would have to draw a map. Suffice it to say... I was hiking east for at least 20 min...then ended up in a south easterly position.....at least 2 miles away from where I went in...Hard to explain....but it wasn't physically feasible.. I'm NOT an inexperienced hiker that just got turned around.

Things like that happened frequently there, come to think of it. I would take one trail to another and arrive at a destination, then try to do the same thing over again and never get back to where I got in the first place I think it was an enchanted place..... I had a hard time hiking there after that....But it was an experience and that's what life is all about....

I will have to post again another time about my ghost encounters.... I've been fortunate to have nothing but good experiences with them....
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post: