Old 11-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #23
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,765 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Something happened TODAY that was kind of cool, actually.

It was nearing lunch time and I closed the gate after allowing one customer in. The customer came into the office and we talked for a minute and he paid. As he was leaving, I glanced out the window and saw a beach ball resting against the gate. I inquired if it was the customer's and he said no and that it had been rolling down the middle of the parking lot (my property is very long and narrow) while he was driving in.

I had customers on the property that run a thrift store and so I thought that it must be theirs. No one else but the two customers had come in or out for more than an hour. So, I went down to them and yelled at them to keep their balls to theirselves from now on (we're good like that) and we all laughed and then the customer tells me that the ball is not theirs.

I asked them if anyone had driven past them and she said no, but she had seen the ball rolling past them earlier and thought that someone's kid had dropped it.

There was no one at the back of the property. I had just checked it less than 15 minutes prior to this exchange. There are no homes near my property. I'm in the middle of a field that has one commercial business next door (but I never see/hear anyone), railroad tracks several hundred feet behind me and nothing to the other side. I'm surrounded by razor wire.

So, this blow up beach ball just materialized, apparently, since no one went in and no one went out and it did not belong to the two customers that did go in and out. There was no one on the camera surveillance and the ball rolls from around the side of a building that has a blind spot.

At first, I thought "Kewl!" and then I thought "I've got to post this!" and then I thought "F*ck!" cuz at that point it started to remind me of the movie IT and instead of balloons with blood, there was an air-filled beach ball.

gulp

Although, I still say it's kind of cool. As long as Tim Curry stays the Hell away.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: