Old 11-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #45
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajama View Post
At the childrens hospital I worked at, in the ICU, we had two rooms that were haunted. When ever the rooms were vacant, you could walk by some nights and the rocking chair would be rocking.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh this is so cool and i totally believe it 100%. I have had so many, many things happen that were really strange, in my nursing career.

When i first became a nurse, i worked nights in the hospital on a very hard (meaning lots of death) floor. One night, we were at the nurses station charting and another nurse, Marian, said she was going to make rounds and check on her patients in the front rooms 1-15 and asked if i wanted her to check on my rooms which were 15-30. Which was great. At night most patients slept so we would just poke our head in and check on them every 30 minutes or so. No visitors were allowed on the floor past 10.

When she came back she said almost all were asleep in bed. She went on to say that room number 23 was awake and standing up by the window. All at once i had a cold chill run up my spine and i froze. Room 23. Room 23. I said to Marian..."Couldn't be. It must have been another patient in his room" She said "No, it was him, All other patients are in their rooms in bed, i checked. It was a man with a long beard and dark hair." She was describing him to a T, well almost.....

As if in slow motion and holding each others hand, we both walked back down the hall to room 23.

There he was, long beard, dark hair laying in the bed.

Marian said "That is him, i saw him standing over there, just minutes ago". We walked to him and found that he had just passed away.

The thing was.....Room 23 was a paraplegic. Car wreck, over 20 years prior. I believe when he passed, he did so standing.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: