View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #22
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post

Isn't it human nature to be curious? Isn't it our lifestyles now to be entertained? I'm not talking about sick-o stuff like stupid torture crap, but like well, the show, sister wives for example. It's a reality TV show that i like and look forward to. Does that make me a bad person? These people sign up for this and get paid big time for this and it's just...entertainment. I don't believe everything i see or hear, i'm not that gullible. I know a lot of it is acting as well.

But, here's the thing...

I feel i should be ashamed because i like reality TV shows. I'm not obsessed but i like them. Sue me.

We don't watch much TV at all. Bully watches political things, of course. We read a lot for entertainment, play on the puter and talk about things. I watch just a few things....Survivor, Sister wives, American Idol, The Walking Dead, Big Brother which are all seasonal and not on at the same times and that's about it. The daily hum drum sitcoms bore me to tears and i dislike all of the violence with the detective shows and stuff. Oh and i watch an occasional movie maybe once or twice a month.

How does that make me, and people like me bad? It feels like maybe some of you think that would make me not suitable for society or not decent person. How? Honest question, not being snippity. Really trying to understand.

What is the difference in watching Survivor or reading what everyone is doing on facebook, or even here for that matter. I realize here and on facebook we have "friends" but some of the stuff we all have read we don't know these people. Isn't it all just entertainment, enlightenment with different cultures and people, education at times, understanding of how other people live and what they are about?

I really think i'm missing something.
I watch reality shows. I had a huge fascination with Real Housewives of New Jersey. Not a thinking person's show, but fascinating to me. And entertaining.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it.... any talk show that has guest stars is kind of a reality show in my mind because people go on public television to display their lives. Does anyone think Ricky, Oprah or Dr Phil watchers are bad? No.

And Facebook and Twitter and MySpace are pretty much the same thing....people putting their lives out in public for all friends/ and the public to see, every single day, all day long. To me there is no difference between social media and reality shows.

I won't feel guilty or ashamed because I watch reality tv and no one else should either because there is nothing wrong with it. Hey, I'm a nosy person, I love to know about other peoples lives and if I get that with reality tv, then so be it.

And darn it, I will never be ashamed of my love for Judge Judy.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post: