View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #28
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
And darn it, I will never be ashamed of my love for Judge Judy.
Me either, LOVE JUDGE JUDY! She should run for president!

OK, so I know for a fact that I am not a bad person... I watch a few things here and there. Project Runway, FaceOff, America's Funniest Home Videos, and dare I say it? Reruns of The Girls Next Door. Those are the more reality type shows I watch. (Well, the first two are really more competition shows.)

But, What I find myself doing is comparing myself to these people and what would I do differently - or the same for that matter. Would I have used the silk chenille or gone with an impish feline-like monster theme? I digress...where The Girls Next Door show is concerned ...I just like nice asses.

It's all about the people I am watching and a thing called social anthropology.

Am I curious what my neighbor does? Hell yeah. I want to see if they do things like I do or do they have a better way of washing windows or a better way to set up the furniture in an L shaped room or if they have a better way of being romantic? Yeah, I wanna know. But I have my line.

I watched Toddlers and Tiaras a couple times...but I just ...can't ...watch it. It's not the little girls that get to me so much as the snarky moms. But I do HATE the hyper sexualization of those little girls Ugh! It's gross. Yes, they look like little dolls and I am sure for some of them it is kept in check, but in THIS society in THIS world where it is already so hard for girls, and in turn women, to have healthy self images, WHY I wonder, WHY ON EARTH would any woman put her daughter through something that might further skew her self worth and self image?

I HATED the Real L Word... I thought... damn, ya'll I've been a lesbian for almost- OMG, uh, ok- a really long time- and I have NEVER seen women like this and the catty, crazy crap they dish out onto one another.

As far as HRH The Queen of England prank and the suicide that followed...well those people should be ashamed of themselves for doing it, but I doubt they ever thought it would end like it did. (I am not excusing their behavior, but simply stating that I seriously doubt either DJ woke up that morning with a plan to prank someone in hopes it would end in a tragic death.) But, maybe their previously base choices that center around preying on unsuspecting others, for sheer entertainment, will change due to it. (One can only hope.)

In the end, no matter what the world throws at us, we each have the ability to make choices about it. Whether we watch reality shows or not, or how we let the things that the media bombards us with change us. We have a choice on how we let it all effect us. It's up to each of us as individuals to take the information or not and let it seep into our psyche and change us...for better or for worse.

*whew* I need chocolate.

~Bleu

P.S. I love Sister Wives, but I think it is because I have poly tendencies. I find them to be so complex and beautiful and deep. Wow.
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post: