Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Friends,

I have not posted in here in a while but wanted to update on a few things.

1. New York Animal Rights Alliance has been working hard to lobby for change to the quick kill Animal Control & Care (such a bad name for a slaughterhouse) agency because change needs to happen. Hold times are too short and they do not work well with rescues nor do they invest time in adoptable pets that with a little more time could have homes. The list of complaints goes on and on. Its an awful place. This group is also lobbying for 2 more shelters, one in Queens and I believe one in Staten Island. These communities are very much under served and in need.

Anyway, check them out if you are in the area and please network these people they are really good ones.

NY Animal Rights Alliance

2. This is not news to some of you but there is a new book out called [ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/0939165562/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk"]"Food Pets Die For: Shocking Facts About Pet Food" [/ame]I am including the link but let me say in advance that there is a lot out there on this subject now, apparently dogs and cats are being rendered for pet food. It is a disgusting subject and very upsetting, so please use caution before clicking on any link on the subject. The industry clearly needs reform. Makes sense now why so many pets fail to thrive and even become very sick from commercial grade pet food. So much of it is toxic poison.

This leads me to an idea. For those of you who are making pet food, would you kindly post recipes? I think that more and more people are going to want to make pet food in the future.

Thank you!

Be well.

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post: